Thursday, January 28, 2010

Livigno, Baby!

Renting the skis the first day. I love the contrast of these two photos - the skier who knows what he's doing, and the one who... doesn't (actually, that's not fair, the other guy's a great skier too, but these two photos were too much fun not to put side by side).



The weather was terrific and the snow perfect, so we were soon joyfully swush-swush-swush'ing down the slopes :)


It is a policy of mine that I have to wear an odd-looking hat when going skiing.


Livigno is situated in a valley between two mountains, so it's very thin, but very long.


One of our favourite slopes can be seen here - see the thin ribbon going through the forest?


If there's one thing Italians know how to do it's make food. I had the most DELICIOUS pizza one night, a melt-in-your-mouth tender balsamico fillet another, and an even better salmon steamed in white wine and with a mushroom sauce on the final night. Uhmmm!



The evenings were spent mostly playing Bezzerwizzer (a MUCH better alternative to Trivial Pursuit), eating candy and having fun :)


Mostly we just skied, but on the last day Frode and Dennis decided to rent snowboards instead in order to try that out. Looked like so much fun, but I'm pretty sure I can't do it with my bad leg. I could take photos of them falling over a lot though ;)


From left to right: Frode, Henrik, Wendy, Lars, Dennis, Henni, me, Rikke.

No comments: